Collegiate AC Limited (“Collegiate”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our websites are www.collegiate-ac.com, myaccount.collegiate-ac.com, services.collegiate-ac.com, www.collegiate-ac.pt, myaccount.collegiate-ac.pt, www.collegiate-ac.es and www.quintessential-apartments.com.
Collegiate will be the data controller of your personal data which you provide to us or if you are a guarantor, that your tenant provides to us, or which is collected by us via our websites. You can contact us using the contact details below.
Information we collect
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our newsletter or other service, search for a particular accommodation, product or service, place a booking on our site, agree to be a guarantor, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, nationality, date of birth, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, your university or college, course and year of study, contact details of an emergency contact, room booking gender preference, any additional accommodation requirements and proof of identity (such as passport details). If you agree to be a guarantor, the information you give us may also include proof of address.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, device, language and geographical location;
- in some circumstances, your age and gender, via our third party advertisers;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products and/or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs, and user journey flow), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. If you agree to be a guarantor, we may also collect information about you from the tenant who you are acting as a guarantor for including your name, telephone number, email address, address, date of birth, proof of identity (such as a copy of your passport) and proof of address.
Information we are obliged to collect from you
In some cases, you are not obliged to provide any personal to us, but we will need to collect certain personal data from you to allow us to provide the services you have requested to you or, if you are acting as a guarantor, your tenant, and to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations. We will not be able to provide our services to you or, if you are a guarantor, your tenant, unless we collect this data.
If you would like to create an account with us, we will require your name, email address, nationality, date of birth and telephone number. If you wish to make a booking with us, we will require details of your studies including your University or College, course and year of study, your financial information, your accommodation requirements and proof of your identity (such as a copy of your passport). If you wish to act as a guarantor for a tenant making a booking with us, we will require your name, telephone number, email address, address, date of birth, proof of identity (such as a copy of your passport) and proof of address.
In addition to the above, we are also required to collect the following information about our tenants to comply with our statutory or contractual obligations:
- your nationality as, in some jurisdictions, we are obliged to provide to the relevant immigration authority details of foreign nationals residing in our buildings;
- your full name and residential address so that any tenancy or lodging agreement we enter into is legally enforceable;
- proof of identity (such as a copy of your passport or Identity Card) to ensure that the individual who executes the tenancy or lodging agreement, is also the individual entering into the tenancy or lodging agreement;
- evidence of your academic studies (including details of the name of your University or College, what course you are studying and the year you will commence your studies) in order to:
- ensure only students occupy our student accommodation buildings, thereby complying with the use restrictions to which the building is subject to; and
- confirm that student exemption applies in respect of Council Tax liability, and therefore that rent payable by you under the terms of a tenancy or lodging agreement is not subject to VAT;
- your full name for the purposes of knowing who is resident in the building, at all times, in order to comply with the Fire Safety Regulation; and
- details of any temporary or permanent disability you have in order that we can meet our obligation to tailor emergency property evacuation plans accordingly.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or landlords which we act as agents on behalf of and to provide you with the accommodation, information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other accommodation, goods and services we, or our landlords, offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about accommodation, goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing tenant or customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about accommodation, goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us using the details below;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- if you are a current or future tenant at our accommodation, to inform you of upcoming events and provide relevant information about your time living in a Collegiate residence; and
- if you are a guarantor, to contact you for the purposes of obtaining the information required to allow the tenant to enter into a contract with the relevant landlord and to record you as a guarantor.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer / device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you. We, or our third party advertisers, may use your age or gender to determine whether advertising is relevant to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
The legal basis for our use of your personal data will be that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests described above, unless we are relying on consent or the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, as specified above.
We will not carry out any solely automated processing using your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- any members of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, and our Affiliates. Affiliate means any other entity that, directly or indirectly through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, us.
- selected third parties including:
- our landlords when you, or when you are acting as a guarantor, your tenant, makes a booking with us for their accommodation;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- debt collection agencies and legal advisors in the event that you do not pay the amounts due to us or the landlords we act as an agent on behalf of; and
- local authorities for the purposes of responding to requests relating to your eligibility for council tax exemption.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Collegiate or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Storage of your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the relevant purpose(s) it was collected for, as set out above in this Policy, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law and to defend against legal claims.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the following rights (unless exemptions apply), which can be exercised by contacting us using the details provided below.
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- to access personal information held about you and to obtain a copy of it;
- to prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
- to obtain the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances;
- in certain circumstances, to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly-used and machine readable format and the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance, or to have that personal data transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible;
- to be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
- to lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to a supervisory authority.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Any changes we make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
If you have any queries, comments or requests regarding this Policy or you would like to exercise any of your rights set out above, you can contact us at email@example.com.